KodyPay is a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator, enabling businesses to perform all of the necessary actions to carry out a standard electronic transaction. The platform also accepts a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team. We want everyone who joins us in this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We’re looking for an intelligent, ambitious Senior Cloud Engineer or DevOps Specialist. A first rate problem-solver and problem-finder with the desire to build the future of one of London's brightest fintech startups.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience leading and implementing AWS systems and procedures to introduce new efficiencies for a software development team. You’ll have a passion for saving developer time, providing systems to allow quicker and more thorough tests to be carried out, and automating our review, test, and build procedures. You’ll be driven by enabling software developers to focus on code whilst educating them on how to best-utilise platform and infrastructure technologies. You will have defined solution and software-development processes and support systems, evolving them to meet constantly evolving internal requirements. You will also preferably have previously experience in cloud deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
Our tech stack currently is: Kotlin, JVM, AngularJS, Ionic, Github, Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, BuildKite, AWS, Terraform, Postgresql, Kafka.
What your day will involve
- Lead the design and implementation of systems used for KodyPay engineers on a daily basis, including: Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment, source control (Git), databases (PostgreSQL), test environments, automated testing, code dependency management, infrastructure-as-a-service, infrastructure deployment, tooling policy management and provisioning, monitoring & alerting systems.
- Interacting with the engineering team to improve our engineers tools, technology stack, and application performance & stability.
- Introducing easy & efficient processes to ensure the quality of deliveries.
- Automating and improving development processes.
- Promoting continuous improvement across the end-to-end KodyPay solution.
- Providing an environment that supports continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) .
- As the company grows, expanding the DevOps team. Providing the ultimate role model for engineering team members, mentoring, and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
- Ensuring the timely construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
You should apply if
- You have experience leading the design and implementation of DevOps processes to suit an engineering team, including the setup of machines for continuous build & test, setup of CI pipelines and BuildKite environments, and use of Docker containers to aid test suites.
- You have experience in and enjoy working with SQL servers.
- You have experience making use of 3rd party infrastructure providers such as AWS, Azure & GCP using infrastructure as code.
- You have experience with Terraform to provision infrastructure and Ansible to configure hardware.
- You have the ability to express the benefits of DevOps to a diverse and sophisticated engineering team through articulate, clear, and inspirational communication - and to get them on-board.
- You are committed to supporting an agile development environment where the engineering team works in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You have experience in finding and solving problems independently, referring solutions where required to wider stakeholders.
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive, resilient to failure, and persistent in making impact.
The KodyPay Platform
Our app is built using the Ionic framework, Angular and uses the Capacitor runtime. Our back-end (written in Kotlin) exposes a GraphQL API and uses PostgreSQL, PostGraphile, Docker and Kubernetes.