KodyPay is a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator, enabling businesses to perform all of the necessary actions to carry out a standard electronic transaction. The platform also accepts a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team. We want everyone who joins us in this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We’re looking for an intelligent, ambitious Lead Engineer. A first rate problem-solver and problem-finder; with the desire to build the future of one of London's brightest fintech startups.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience leading engineering teams to build secure, resilient, and scalable REST based platform solutions. You’ll have a passion for great UX & UI and be used to centering your thoughts around users. You will have defined solution and software architectures, evolving them to meet internal and external requirements. You will also preferably have previously been a full-stack software engineer with knowledge of iOS and Android App development, experience of Java/Kotlin/PA-SQL, and cloud deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
This position will give you the exciting opportunity to work closely with the experienced C-level officers of KodyPay whilst executing on the company’s vision. You will have the opportunity to shape and lead a growing, diverse engineering team in the UK, collaborating with teams in Bulgaria and the USA. An ideal candidate will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment. You embody the image of a great engineer and are motivated to mentor and invest in your team members.
We’re a varied team: some of us are graduates, some never went to University, some have startup experience, whilst others come from corporates and consultancy firms. As long as you love learning, we’d like to speak with you.
What your day will involve
- Leading our tightly-knit and dynamic engineering team.
- Collaborating with KodyPay’s product team to cultivate secure and efficient platform services.
- Architecting all modules of our core systems: the backend systems, the APIs, and the tools/technologies that keep everything humming.
- Overseeing native app development by the front-end engineering team and the creation of scalable, modular UI components to be used by all of the team.
- Overseeing the design and creation of scalable, modular backend services to be used effectively across the team.
- Overseeing the quality assurance team and process, ensuring that everyone across engineering sees solution quality as their responsibility.
- Promoting continuous improvement across the end-to-end KodyPay solution.
- Supporting end-to-end team coding, along with automated testing and deployment.
- Providing the ultimate role model for engineering team members, mentoring, and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
- Overseeing sprint planning with the product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
- Collaborating with other senior members of staff to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
- Ensuring the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
- Managing team performance and professional development of all UK engineering staff.
You should apply if
- You have experience leading technology teams in dynamic, fast moving, ambiguous, and entrepreneurial environments.
- You have the ability to rally a diverse and sophisticated team around a single vision through articulate, clear, and inspirational communication.
- You have experience in designing, building and operating secure, scalable, and resilient mobile first solutions and platforms
- You are committed to agile development, working in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You have experience in finding and solving problems independently, referring solutions where required to wider stakeholders.
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive to act, resilient to failure, and persistent in making impact.
The KodyPay App
Our app is built using the Ionic framework, Angular, and uses the Capacitor runtime. We plan to rewrite the entire mobile app natively for iOS and Android over the course of 2021.
The KodyPay Platform
Our platform provides REST services and is built using GraphQL, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, PostGraphile, Docker and Kubernetes.