KodyPay is a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator, enabling businesses to perform all of the necessary actions to carry out a standard electronic transaction. The platform also accepts a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team. We want everyone who joins us in this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We’re looking for an intelligent, ambitious DevOps Specialist. A first rate problem-solver and problem-finder with the desire to build the future of one of London's brightest fintech startups.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience leading and implementing DevOps systems and procedures to introduce new efficiencies for a software development team. You’ll have a passion for saving developer time, providing systems to allow quicker and more thorough tests to be carried out, and automating our review, test, and build procedures. You’ll be driven by enabling software developers to focus on code whilst educating them on how to best-utilise platform and infrastructure technologies. You will have defined solution and software-development processes and support systems, evolving them to meet constantly evolving internal requirements. You will also preferably have previously been a full-stack software engineer with knowledge of one of iOS or Android App development, or Java/Kotlin/Python/SQL, and you will have experience in cloud deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
This position will give you the exciting opportunity to work closely with the experienced C-level officers of KodyPay whilst executing on the company’s vision. You will have the opportunity to shape and lead a growing and diverse engineering team in the UK, collaborating with teams in Bulgaria and the USA. An ideal candidate will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment.
We’re a varied team: some of us are graduates, some never went to University, some have startup experience, whilst others come from corporates and consultancy firms. As long as you love learning, we’d like to speak with you.
What your day will involve
- Support the Engineering Lead as they lead our tightly-knit and dynamic engineering team.
- Lead the design and implementation of systems used for KodyPay engineers on a daily basis, including: Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment, source control (Git), test environments, automated testing, code dependency management, infrastructure-as-a-service, infrastructure deployment, tooling policy management and provisioning, monitoring & alerting systems, support ticket tooling.
- Collaborating with KodyPay’s product team to cultivate secure, efficient platform services.
- Interacting with the engineering team to improve our engineers tools, technology stack, and application performance & stability.
- Analyzing, organising and providing in-depth code reviews to improve applications dynamically.
- Introducing processes to ensure the quality of deliveries.
- Automating and improving of development processes.
- Promoting continuous improvement across the end-to-end KodyPay solution.
- Providing an environment that supports continuous delivery (CI) so that engineering and product teams can release new features in a timely manner in-line with each sprint.
- As the company grows, expanding the DevOps team. Providing the ultimate role model for engineering team members, mentoring, and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
- Ensuring the timely construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
You should apply if
- You have experience leading the design and implementation of DevOps processes to suit an engineering team, including the setup of machines for continuous build & test, setup of CI pipelines and Jenkins/TeamCity environments, and use of docker containers to aid test suites.
- You have experience making use of 3rd party infrastructure providers such as AWS, Azure & GCP using infrastructure as code.
- You have the ability to express the benefits of DevOps to a diverse and sophisticated engineering team through articulate, clear, and inspirational communication - and to get them on-board.
- You are committed to supporting an agile development environment where the engineering team works in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You have experience in finding and solving problems independently, referring solutions where required to wider stakeholders.
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive, resilient to failure, and persistent in making impact.
The KodyPay App
Our app is built using the Ionic framework, Angular, and uses the Capacitor runtime. We plan to rewrite the entire mobile app natively for iOS and Android over the course of 2021.
The KodyPay Platform
Our platform provides REST services and is built using GraphQL, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, PostGraphile, Docker and Kubernetes.