KodyPay is a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator, enabling businesses to perform all of the necessary actions to carry out a standard electronic transaction. The platform also accepts a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team. We want everyone who joins us in this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We’re looking to use NFC on Android devices to facilitate card payments in a PCI compliant way. We’re looking for a seasoned, mid-level or senior Ionic Engineer who has experience writing Capacitor Plugins. You’ll have a passion for great UX & UI, and be used to centering your thoughts around users.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience working as a cross-platform Ionic & Angular engineer who has integrated with native Java code by writing custom Capacitor plugins. You should have experience working in an independent problem-solving capacity.
This position will give you the exciting opportunity to work closely with experienced C-level officers of KodyPay whilst executing on the company’s vision. You will have the opportunity to work with a growing, diverse workforce in the UK, Bulgaria, and the USA as you engage in your day-to-day tasks. An ideal candidate will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment.
We’re a varied team: some of us are graduates, some never went to University, some have startup experience, whilst others come from corporates and consultancy firms. As long as you love learning and problem solving, we’d like to speak with you.
What your day will involve
- Collaborating with KodyPay’s product team to cultivate a fast and efficient user experience.
- Developing complex features using your skills in Ionic, the Capacitor runtime, and Angular.
- Creating scalable, modular UI components which can be used effectively by other members of the engineering team.
- Connecting front-end features to mid-layer and back-end services.
- Assisting the product team in refining the KodyPay experience, whether via A/B, data-driven, or in-person user testing.
- Assisting solutions architects/engineering leads in the planning of wider features.
- Engaging in sprint planning with the product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
- Assisting senior members of staff and the business development team to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
- Contributing to the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing user experience throughout the organisation.
You should apply if
- You have 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience, ideally with a focus on cross-platform Ionic app development in Angular.
- You have experience in designing and implementing Capacitor plugins and are excited by programming cross-platform apps in Angular.
- You’ve worked on at least one app in the App Store.
- You have experience connecting mobile applications to mid-layer and back-end services via REST and GraphQL.
- You enjoy working in an engineering team committed to agile development, working in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You are excited by automated testing: you have integrated with testing platforms before, and think in a test-driven manner.
- You love building beautiful products from beautiful designs, drawing a great attention to detail in bringing design to life.
- You have a good grasp of the fundamentals of computer science and an excellent working knowledge of industry standard tools (including Git).
- You have experience in solving problems independently, referring solutions where required to wider stakeholders.
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results, seeing all your ideas to fruition.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive, resilient to failure, and persistent in making an impact.
The KodyPay Platform
Our app is built using the Ionic framework, Angular and uses the Capacitor runtime. Our back-end (written in Kotlin) exposes a GraphQL API and uses PostgreSQL, PostGraphile, Docker and Kubernetes.